It’s no secret that we love living in Orange County. Considering Todd and I both grew up in the Inland Empire, OC’s sweeping views and cool temperatures make for a nice home. I could give you a thousand reasons why I love living in Orange County but I’ll just give you my top 5.
1. The beaches. Nothing feels better then putting my toes in the sand with the ocean breeze blowing in my face. I mean, people travel here to go on vacation! It also makes it really convenient when Todd wants to go surfing. If you have never been, be sure to check out The Strand in Dana Point, Corona Del Mar and Balboa Island. When I pull my beach chair out on the sand and close my eyes, it feels like I’m on vacation!
2. Orange County is dog friendly! There are so many restaurants, shopping areas and beaches that welcome your beloved pooch. We recently we to What A Dish in Dana Point and they brought Frankie his own bowl of fresh water and dog treats while we were eating. For us dog lovers, it doesn't get better than that! If your in OC and wanting a place to take your dog, check out the app called Bring Fido. It gives you all of the places where dogs are welcomed.
3. Great shopping! Every store you could imagine is somewhere in Orange County. You have one of the biggest shopping meccas in Santa Ana called South Coast Plaza. There is Fashion Island in Newport Beach which is my personal favorite. Not only does every store allow your dog but you can see the ocean while your shopping! Also check out the Irvine Spectrum in Irvine. A fun, kid friendly place with a huge ferris wheel and great restaurants.
4. It’s safe and well kept. Irvine has been voted one of the safest cities for years now. But it’s not only Irvine, many of the cites in Orange County are safe for your children and families and kept
clean. People take pride to live here so they keep it nice. I guess that’s why there is a premium to live in Orange County.
5. Lastly, the weather. When it’s 70 degrees all the time, who can complain? It rains maybe 10 days a year and breaks 75 a few days during the summer. Other than that, it’s sunshine all day long!
Regardless if you’re a resident of OC or just visiting, there really is something special about Orange County.